Hat love!




Anyone who knows me will know that a hat especially when I’m not wearing my hair in braids is a staple part of my wardrobe and a regular feature of my outfits.  However, what some people may not realise is that there is usually a purpose to my wearing a hat... and it’s not just because it makes me look cool and effortlessly trendy 😏😂...the purpose you ask?…is usually to hide my hair! You know those bad hair days? When your hair is just not doing what you want it to?  In my case a twist out that hasn’t quite worked out and is looking more like a twist-mess! Or when I look out of the window and I see the rain or mist and I know that after 5 minutes my hair-do is going to result in shrinkage.  Oh yes, the trials and joys of natural hair…


As I mentioned earlier, what I realised about hats is that they give an effortless edge and style to an otherwise simple outfit.  A pair of jeans, t-shirt and trainers...or a dress with a hat and there you have it...effortlessly cool 😂, yes I know I'm full of it (only sometimes tho 😉).  What I also worked out was that fedora and panama hats work best for my face shape, I think it's something about the wide brim that makes my face look slimmer and allows for the flexibility of completely hiding my hair or wearing some of it out....



Are you a hat person, what sort of hat style suits you? Here are some of my favourite hat streetstyle pics...including two of my favourite natural hair celebs, the beautiful Janelle Monae and Solange....





















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts