Bumbag Comeback!



Ok let’s talk about bumbags - or as they are also known...fanny packs, belt bags, hip bags...whatever other names there are out for them! What do they make you think of?....I think of market traders, their hands free easy access to cash, crazy 80’s outfits, wild hair, and Mr Motivator πŸ˜‚

Well... for those of you looking for a hands free cash, lipstick, mobile phone and lipstick carrier, I’ve got good news for you...drumroll πŸ₯ ...BUMBAGS ARE BACK!! πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎI know, you’re thrilled aren’t you ? πŸ˜‚



Well actually, I know quite a few people who actually are...myself included! I am for a couple of reasons...the first is that children and hands free are totally necessary, the second is that I am a sucker sometimes for some of these comeback trends especially when they reinforce the fact that I invested well all those years ago 😊 - yes that’s a smug smile! Most handbags or accessories I own have been an investment relative to the time in my life when I bought them. I believe strongly in quality not quantity so when I buy things like handbags, belts, shoes etc I do not throw them away unless they are damaged beyond repair. So when I noticed that the fashpack have of late been rocking bumbags I was very excited to head into my loft to locate a leather bumbag belt that I invested in during my early 20s. 

Fast forward a couple of weeks later - Sunday just gone - I was a bit miffed when I came downstairs rocking my 14 year old bumbag/belt, a cute playsuit and sun hat (hiding most of my Afro in desperate need of a wash) and my husband told me “for a fashionista that bumbag is not a very cool look” - well... “what does he know?!!” I thought...yes ok, some of you may agree with him...but I dismissed him and carried on about my business! Well, I rocked that bum bag and got so many compliments that day on my whole outfit and the bumbag belt!

So, my point is what exactly?...my point is the bumbag in my opinion is a flipping great comeback trend. If you find the right one that suits your style it can add a different dimension to you outfit and up your cool level (ha!).  My second point is it’s such a practical way of carrying your essentials, especially if like me you need hands free to manage kids! Thirdly whatever you wear, wear it with confidence and own it! I was very smug that I didn’t listen to my husband...validation that I really am cool!....Pahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Anyway check out some cool (according to me) bumbag looks! Will you be rocking one anytime soon?!!










Comments

Popular Posts