Practicing Gratitude can change your life...... here's my story.



 “The struggle ends when the gratitude begins.” ~Neale Donald Walsch – 


For me this is a very interesting and important topic, it’s made such a difference in my life that it only made sense to share. 

Gratitude, is simply giving thanks and appreciation for anything that you feel is worthy. If you practice giving thanks every day, the effects can be very profound.  I’ve experienced this already.  I have recently starting journalling in a gratitude journal;  after mentioning to a friend that I had been meaning to buy one, she kindly bought one for me as a gift and I have to say it’s one of the best gifts I have ever been given. 



I feel that far too often we can take life for granted, sometimes we focus on the negative things, things that are not quite perfect, things that we feel we are lacking, or even simply forget to acknowledge all the wonderful  things in our lives.  I have recently come to realise that giving thanks for things can really help you cultivate more happiness into your life and it can help you attract abundance, love and have a much more positive outlook in life -  which has a great affect on your health and well being.


Expressing gratitude doesn’t need to be saved for special occasions it is something that we can practice every day and it really doesn’t need to be something major - sometimes the most simple things can be the most amazing parts of our lives. You’ll be surprised at what comes to mind when you really think about all the things you have to be grateful for.  

The other day I was feeling fed up , I was tired, I felt as if my life was a struggle, felt lonely and just frustrated.  I couldn’t really identify what was making me feel so uneasy, then I realised - I had been so busy I had completely forgot to write in my journal for a few days.  I really noticed the difference in my mood as a result.  As soon as I got home I took out my journal and started to list my 3 things I was grateful for and I felt like a cloud had been removed from my head.  I just felt lighter and happier almost immediately. This made me see even more how powerful this practice had become for me. 

Every morning I sit and think about at least 3 things that I am grateful for and write them in my journal and it just really makes me appreciate life.  I have to say it’s pretty hard to be down when you are able to express gratitude for the things in your life.  Don’t get me wrong this doesn’t mean that you won’t face challenges and have times where you find it difficult to give thanks for good things in your life, but this practice certainly makes those times easier and less painful.

I challenge you to take up this practice and see how you feel, allocate some time each day where you can list a few things that you are grateful for it really will change your life.  This stuff really works  and once you start, your life will flow in a way that you wouldn’t believe. 

  1. Get Yourself a journal, I would recommend ‘The Secret, Gratitude Journal’ by Rhonda Byrne.  however there are plenty of others you can purchase or you can buy yourself a nice special notebook and use this. 
  2.  Allocate some time each day to write down at least 3 things you are grateful for. Morning is usually good for me but whatever time is convenient and comfortable for you will work.
  3. As you become more skilled at this practice you will begin to identify so many things that you can give thanks for this process will just come naturally and you can create your own little ritual. 
So please tell me at least one thing you are grateful for in your life today?






Comments

  1. Thanks for this post! Very inspiring. I’ll be investing in a gratitude journal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts