Celebrate your bump




Despite the nausea, vomiting, backache, swollen ankles, headaches, hormones, stretch marks, and vomiting (did I say that one already) pregnancy is a BEAUTIFUL thing.

No, honestly it really is, you have this tiny human growing inside you and it doesn’t happen that many times in your life (unless you are planning to breed a whole football team) 😂. Your bump is the most obvious sign of this and I feel it should be celebrated and captured to remind you in the years to come of the mini miracle your body performed.

Whilst I was pregnant I went through loads of pregnancy pictures to find inspiration for my own bump photos. Here are some of my favs...




How she is rocking those heels while so heavily pregnant I don't know but the picture slays



A naked bump photo so tastefully done (which I realised is not always the case!)



There is something so hauntingly beautiful about this photo



I'm guessing the pink flower is to indicate she is having a girl! Came across this done with lil booties too which was way cute.


Just so simple, effortless and understated 



Love this idea to 'decorate' her bump in the photo



Well...I couldn't exclude the most liked baby bump picture in history could I?!


Most of the images I came across were done in a studio or taken by a trained photographer but there's nothing to stop you being inspired and trying to get creative at home with your phone like I did...


Me and my bump - Overdue by a week



Me and my bump @ 6 months



Me, bump and bubba 1 @ 8 months pregnant



Admittedly, they are not quite professional studio photos but nevertheless beautiful photos to capture the months I spent carrying my two bubbas.

Pregnancy can be (is) really hard. Mothers spend 9 months (or as in both my pregnancies nearly 10 months) nurturing a whole new life inside of them usually while still doing the everyday stuff like working, taking care of the home and/or looking after family. Despite all the difficulties and challenges of pregnancy its important to take a moment to remember how blessed and magical it is. Take the time to embrace, enjoy and capture it (especially as your belly will never be the same again!).






Comments

  1. I love these pictures. Especially the one with Bubba 1 in it ... and the one with the heels x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts