Dealing with change and uncertainty can be such a good thing.





I really do love this quote from Nelson Mandela, it really resonates with me. 

Sometimes we get to these points in our life where we're faced with decisions and don’t know what to do. We feel that there is a wrong road or a right road and we have to choose to the right one.  Even if sometimes we feel the choice we have made is wrong, we should be aware that God/Universe/Source is always here and we WILL get through it.  Also, sometimes when the choice may seem like it wasn’t the right one, it somehow will turn around and serve us for our greater good.  I personally think that there is always a lesson to learn, even when we feel we have made a mistake...and sometimes it can take months or years for us to see this. 

A few years ago I lost my job, I was sacked from a role that I'd been doing for 8 years and thought what am I going to do. Should I fight for my job or should I just let it go.  I was worried about how I was going to survive, how would I get another job?  I was so out of my comfort zone.  It was a very difficult time and I had some difficult emotions to deal with, however looking back at the time I was actually sick of the job, I was coming home with headaches and wanted to leave, I was actively job searching but had been unsuccessful in securing a new role. That said, I wanted to leave when I was ready to leave but to be sacked felt like a dreadful thing for me at the time.

So initially I felt lost, had just found out I was pregnant with my second child, so getting another job was not really a feasible option. As time went on, I signed up for a college course, it ran for 2 years and I was able to get financial support whilst doing this. Afterwards, I set up my own business as a Virtual Assistant and slowly but surely things started to work out.  As I look back at this journey it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be and I wouldn’t change it for the world. It wasn’t always easy, as my life had totally changed and sometimes I felt I wouldn’t get through it. But I learned new skills, met new people and had time to see things from a different perspective.  I now realise that it was my time to move on, God had other plans for me, I had a new journey to embark on, things were being destroyed only to be rebuilt again for me to gain strength and wisdom.

So, whatever we go through in life we need to remember in the end it’s always for our own good.  We may not see it at the time but we do eventually.  We are either going to learn or have a victory - we should never see it as a loss. It can make us stronger and put us in a position where we are able to help others, who may be going through similar circumstances.  

Have faith and know that you are always in the hands of God and know that whatever challenges you’re experiencing will eventually pass.

Comments

Popular Posts