Well done you’re doing a great job

This past week has been super exhausting.  I’m absolutely loving the heat wave but at night my one year old is not loving it so much.  So add 2 sleepless nights to long days at work and the usual home stuff  -  perfect recipe for a knackered Mama.  This is made worse by the fact that I’ve got to fit Love Island in somehow 😂.   So when this happens, of course you send the kids off somewhere, ANYWHERE with their Dad.  They can even be “treated” to McDonald’s if they like ... so I can just have a minute to myself!

My sun loving munchkins
My sun loving munchkins.


So I did just that and the hubster comes home bragging about how walking around with 2 little smallies is a puller.  Who needs a chat up line when you’re the poor Dad who has the kids all by himself.  Hubster said at least 3 people came up to him saying how well he was doing having the girls by himself.

Apparently nothing hotter than a Dad left alone to deal with the kiddos
Apparently there’s nothing hotter than a Dad left alone to deal with the kiddos.

But hey wait a minute.  I often have the girls by myself.... I don’t get people coming up to me congratulating me for doing a good job??  How fair is that?  And why is that?  Maybe us ladies need to big each other up more.  The next time I see a Mama juggling her kids alone at the shop I’ll be sure to tell her how “brave” she is being out with the kids by herself.

So well done to all us Mamas for doing a great job everyday.

Let’s give ourselves a pat on the back for the seemingly insignificant things.  Child(ren) were fed today? Have a roof over their heads?  That earns something in my new book.  Maybe even a glass of something or a new outfit (any excuse 🤪).  After all, guys get bigged up  for a lot less so why not?!


Comments

Popular Posts