Rising up...Embracing Me!






So...this is it...the beginning (well of this phase!)...I am stepping forward and stepping up! I am daring to rise up and follow something that has been in my heart for a while. You see about a year and a half ago I was really struggling, I felt I had something to say or do, something that was different to what I knew how to do (being a mum, a wife, a professional), something that was creative, but I couldn't quite access it or work out what it was...it was causing me anxiety, making me feel low...it's so hard to feel that there is something more but you just don't know what to do to get there...


Well...I've been on a journey over these last couple of years and what I've discovered is that I am creative, that there have been parts of myself that I have been struggling with, suppressing because I wasn't sure they fitted with what I thought I should be, with other people's perceptions of me.  I felt maybe those aspects were superficial, maybe materialistic....I've felt so stuck at times, stuck in the darkness, lacking drive, motivation a sense of passion and enthusiasm, feeling unfulfilled....  Well...of late, I have been embracing and accepting my love for...wait for it....FASHION! Yes! Haha... I LOVE to look at pictures of people in clothes, I can't help but stare and follow people wearing pieces that are aesthetically pleasing to me.  I love to look and wonder about who these people are, what they are doing, where they are going, what their interests are, what drives them. I wonder how what they are wearing is influenced by how they are feeling, what they are trying to communicate (consciously or unconsciously).  


I have wondered why I am at times so drawn to people who dress in a way that I deem "cool", as quite frankly there are many people out there who don't care much about how they dress, whether they are on trend, in the latest must have style of jeans, jacket etc and are  really quite cool....what I have been realising is I am interested in what some people wear because unconsciously I am thinking that somehow they are trying to communicate or express something about who they are, that they are finding a way, an outlet for something in them that they want to communicate.  I guess I am also trying to understand why I personally love clothes, why the way I look is so important to me....so right now I am embracing my love for fashion but also I am working out what it means about who i am, and trying to make sense of what it means to me and for me as well as indulging my love without feeling guilty for clothes, bags, streetstyle watching etc.  I choose to feel free and not apologise for who I am, but simply embrace all aspects of me.






So...basically, I am at a point in my life where I am making some changes...I want to find the balance between being a present (mentally) mother and wife, a professional, and my creative-rising up-inspired/inspiring self.  My intention is to access and express the creative-rising up-inspired/inspiring self through this blog, alongside the other DaretoArise ladies who are also embracing their inner creative!  We all have something inside of us that I believe so many other women can relate to and be inspired by. We have come together to dare to dream, to rise up to what we have suppressed and have a heart to inspire and support other women to be who they want to be, without feeling guilty.  We really can have it all! So, come and join us...be inspired, dare to dream, Dare to Arise😉

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts